Green tea is a great ally in any weight loss process. In this article you will check if green tea really helps you lose weight. We are also bringing you some health benefits of green tea.
It has been scientifically proven that green tea directly helps in reducing body fat. This is made possible by the presence of catechin called epigallocatechin gallat acts by stimulating some enzymes that are responsible for controlling the metabolism.
Green tea properties will certainly help you on your journey.
This catechin found in green tea forces the breakdown of fat enzymes, so the body uses them more effectively, which helps to lose weight, since the fats will not be deposited in the fatty tissue.
Through these scientific studies it has been proven that the catechins contained in green tea act with greater property in generating greater periods of satiety sensation.
This occurs due to the action that these catechins exert on the receptors of leptin, which is a hormone that promotes the control of the sensation of satiety. So green tea is good for weight loss because it also helps to reduce hunger.
In addition to all these benefits that prove that green tea helps you lose weight – green tea helps even more in the process of weight loss because of its ability to accelerate metabolism, and it can be considered a thermogenic food.
The polyphenols contained in green tea have the ability to inhibit an enzyme, and together with the caffeine that is part of the green tea composition, increase its thermogenesis power and its fat oxidation capacity.
These effects provide acceleration of metabolism, greater energy burning, and better utilization of fat stored in the body, which results in weight loss.
Advantages of Green Tea
The green tea helps you lose weight, however, this is not the only benefit it brings to your health. See below the other actions of the tea:
- Green tea has antioxidant action that combats the free radicals that are present in the body and the prevention of serious diseases like diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- It helps directly in the fight against bad cholesterol, helping to reduce the absorption of cholesterol from foods and consequently in the body.
- The amino acids present in green tea also increases the concentration of alpha waves in the brain, which makes the person more relaxed. Green tea flavonoids decrease anxiety and stress.
- Green tea promotes better digestion, stimulates the intestinal flora and optimizes your immune system.
As you can see, there’s a lot of benefits of drinking green tea.
How to Drink Green Tea
Now that you’ve read about the benefits and know for sure that green tea and weight loss are connected you must know that the best green tea for consumption is in leaves, as teabags do not offer the properties so you can reap the full benefits.
To prepare green tea it is important not to boil the leaves, as this way you will be losing most of the nutrients. So, put 500 ml of water in a bowl and bring to the fire, leave until it starts to boil.
Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves. Cover the bowl and let it warm, then strain and drink.
The beneficial properties of green tea should remain intact for only 24 hours. It is recommended to consume 3 to 4 cups of green tea per day. If you exceed this amount, you may suffer from side effects. Anyway, it can be very helpful drinking green tea everyday.
Make Green Tea Taste Better
To make green tea tastes better, put our tips into practice:
- 1. When preparing green tea, do not overdo the herb. Use 1 spoon (soup) to 1 liter of water. Only after you get accustomed to the taste, add another spoon to the same amount of water.
- 2. Preparing green tea with another herb (fresh or in a bag) also improves the taste. It can be lemon balm, mint, fennel. Boiling the water with a piece of pineapple peel or mango is another tactic to make the tea more tasteful. Or even drip a few drops of lemon into the ready tea.
Green Tea Contraindications and Side Effects
The green tea lose weight and also offers many benefits for your health, but making excess consumption can cause various side effects.
Caffeine is a substance found in green tea which can lead to insomnia and may also increase gastric secretion that can lead to gastritis.
It is also worth remembering that consuming green tea in large quantities inhibits the absorption of nutrients such as calcium and iron. Because of this effect, you should not drink green tea along with meals.
In this article, we can see that green tea is an excellent ally in the process of weight loss, as it directly helps in reducing body fat and accelerating metabolism.
Some scientific research proves that green tea is thin because it contains substances that act to generate greater periods of feeling satiety, that is, green tea helps to reduce hunger.
There is a very efficient method for anyone who is trying to lose weight. There are a lot of advantages of drinking green tea.